Limus® Colourless is an innovative urease inhibitor for mixing with urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) in the spray tank during filling.
- Reduces Nitrogen losses from volatilisation of urea fertilisers
- Enhances Nitrogen use efficiency
- Effective means of reducing ammonia pollution, which may become a legal requirement
- Unique, dual action formulation - NPPT: Unique to BASF and NBPT: Used in solo urease inhibitor products
- 40% more effective than single active products - The different actives target different urease enzymes
- Yield benefits over and above urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) applied on its own
Why Limus® Colourless?
Losses of ammonia from UAN can be high. In a 3-year project ran by ADAS (NT26), ammonia emissions from UAN averaged 14%, based on 13 trials. Limus® Colourless reduces ammonia losses, improving Nitrogen use efficiency and benefitting the environment.
Ammonia is a pollutant, which is currently being targeted by the government’s ‘Clean Air Strategy’. Currently, the Code of Good Agricultural Practice (COGAP) for reducing ammonia emissions supports the use of urease inhibitors with urea-based fertilisers. In the future, legislation may be introduced which makes this use compulsory.
Urease inhibitors work by blocking the urea from binding to the active site of urease enzymes, preventing the conversion of urea into ammonia. Limus® is unique as it contains two active ingredients, as opposed to one, blocking a wider range of urease enzymes and more effectively reducing ammonia losses
|Active ingredient(s)||NBPT (N-butyl-phosphorothioic triamide)|
NPPT (N-propylyl-phosphorothioic triamide)
|Pack size||5 litres in outers of four|
|Crops||Any crop treated with UAN (urea ammonium nitrate)|
|Rate of use||1.0 litre per 1000 litres UAN|
|Timing of use||Whenever UAN is applied to the crop. Limus® Colourless is particularly effective when temperatures are warm with no rainfall in the 7 days after application, on alkaline soils and on dry soils.|