Nemasys® C [Forestry] has activity on large pine weevil (Hylobius abietis) Nemasys® C [Horticulture] has activity on codling moth (Cydia pomonella), oriental fruit moth (Grapholita molesta), shore fly larvae and various caterpillar species.
Advantages of using Nemasys® C:
- Microscopic organisms occurring naturally in the soil
- Nematodes attack insect pests by entering natural body openings
- Reproduces inside the dead pest
- Safe to crops, users and the environment
- Nematodes can survive up to 6 weeks in the soil
Why Nemasys® C?
Nemasys® C is a biological insecticide containing nematodes of the species Steinernema carpocapsae. This product acts in a natural way, so is compatible with organic farming. Therefore, Nemasys® C can be used in organic systems or as part of an IPM programme to reduce residues.
Nemasys® C is a safe and effective way to deal with various insect pests. Nematodes attack the insect by entering natural body openings, releasing a bacteria which quickly and safely kills it. The nematodes then reproduce inside the dead pest and release a new generation of hungry nematodes, which disperse and search for further prey. Insect pests stop feeding and die as the nematodes spread throughout their body.
|Active ingredient(s)||Nematodes: species Steinernema carpocapsae|
|Pack size||50 million, 250 million, 1.5 billion or 3 billion|
|Crops||Forestry and Horticulture including top fruit|
|Pest activity||Forestry: large pine weevil (Hylobius abietis) Horticulture: Codling moth (Cydia pomonella), oriental fruit moth (Grapholita molesta), shore fly larvae and various caterpillar species|
|Rate of application||Forestry: 3.5 million per stump Horticulture: 500, 000 per m2 (shore fly and caterpillar) or 1.5 billion per hectare (moths)|
|Application area treated||Up to 200 m2 (50 million pack size) or up to 1,000 m2 (250 million pack size), depending on target pest|
|Volume||Up to 1 L/m2 depending on pest|
|Soil temperature||Between 10OC and 30OC|
|Application Method||Soil drench or high volume foliar spray (via boom sprayer, knapsack, lance, sprinklers or drip irrigation)|
|Application advice||Avoid applications in direct sunlight, evening applications are best|
Do not exceed 300 psi/20 bar/2000 kPa pump pressure
Nozzle aperture should be greater than 0.5 mm
Suitable nozzles should produce a medium or courser spray at the intended application pressure
Stir the contents of the pack thoroughly making sure the entire product is mixed
|Precautions||Upon receipt, use immediately or store in a refrigerator at 5°C|
Do not use product if past expiry date or incorrectly stored (do not freeze)
Use entire packet at one time, do not store diluted product
How do Nematodes work?
- Nemasys® is applied to the foliage or to the soil.
- After application our specially selected nematodes attack the insect pest by entering natural body openings or by penetrating the pest cuticle directly.
- Once inside, they release bacteria that stops the pest from feeding, quickly killing the pest.
- They do not stop there. The nematodes reproduce inside the dead pest.
- They release a new generation of hungry nematodes, which disperse to hunt down further pests.
- When nematodes can no longer find a host pest, they will die back to their original numbers. The more pests there are, the better nematodes perform.