Nemasys® G has activity on the larval stages of the garden chafer (Phyllopertha horticola).
Advantages of using Nemasys® G:
• Microscopic organisms occurring naturally in the soil
• Nematodes attack insect pests by entering natural body openings
• Reproduces inside the dead pest
• Safe to crops, users and the environment
• Nematodes can survive up to 6 weeks in the soil
Why Nemasys® G?
Nemasys® G is a biological insecticide containing nematodes of the species Heterohabditis bacteriophera. Nemasys® G can be used in organic systems or as part of an IPM programme to reduce residues.
Nematodes attack the chafer grub by entering natural body openings, releasing a bacteria which quickly and safely kills it. The nematodes then reproduce inside the dead grub and release a new generation of hungry nematodes, which disperse and search for further prey. Insect pests stop feeding and die as the nematodes spread throughout their body.
|Active ingredient(s)||Nematodes: species Heterohabditis bacteriophora|
|Pack size||50 million or 250 million|
|Pest activity||Larvae of the garden chafer (Phyllopertha horticola)|
|Rate of application||500,000 per m2|
|Application area treated||100 m2 (50 million pack size) or 500 m2 (250 million pack size)|
|Volume||0.1 L/m2 depending on pest|
|Soil temperature||Between 12°C and 30°C|
|Application Method||Soil drench (via boom sprayer, knapsack, lance or sprinklers)|
Apply when the soil under the turf is moist (or irrigate turf thoroughly before application)
Avoid applications in direct sunlight, evening applications are best
Do not exceed 300 psi/20 bar/2000 kPa pump pressure
Nozzle aperture should be greater than 0.5 mm
Suitable nozzles should produce a course spray at the intended application pressure
Make up the stock solution and mix thoroughly to ensure that the nematodes are well dispersed.
|Precautions||Upon receipt, use immediately or store in a refrigerator at 5°C|
Do not use product if past expiry date or incorrectly stored (do not freeze)
Use entire packet at one time, do not store diluted product
How do Nematodes work?
• Nemasys® G is applied to the turfgrass at high foliage or to the soil.
• After application our specially selected nematodes attack the insect pest by entering natural body openings or by penetrating the pest cuticle directly.
• Once inside, they release bacteria that stops the pest from feeding, quickly killing the pest.
• They do not stop there. The nematodes reproduce inside the dead pest.
• They release a new generation of hungry nematodes, which disperse to hunt down further pests.
• When nematodes can no longer find a host pest, they will die back to their original numbers. The more pests there are, the better nematodes perform.