Nemaslug® 2.0* is a biological slug killer for the control of most common species of small to medium sized slugs in outdoor and protected soft fruit and other horticultural crops.
*Only for use in England, Scotland, and Wales.
• Effective natural control
• Fast-acting - feeding damage from slugs stops shortly after slugs come into contact with the product; the slugs die underground a while later
• Continues to work well during wet weather, unlike chemical pellets
• Effective at low temperature
• The nematodes persist for approximately 4-6 weeks in moist soil to provide continued protection of the crop
• Eliminates the potential for chemical residues in produce
• Organic farming and IPM-compatible
• No pest resistance issues
Why Nemaslug 2.0?
Nemaslug® 2.0 is a biological control product containing nematodes, which effectively controls small to medium sized slugs of most common UK species. The feeding damage from slugs stops shortly after slugs come into contact with the product; the slugs die underground a while later. It works at relatively low temperatures and unlike chemical pellets it remains effective under wet conditions. Nemaslug® 2.0 persists for approximately 4-6 weeks in moist soils to provide continued protection of the crop. The potential for chemical residues in produce is eliminated, and Nemaslug® 2.0 is compatible with organic and IPM (Integrated Pest Management) systems. There is no known slug resistance to Nemaslug® 2.0.
How to get the best from Nemaslug® 2.0:
• Apply between March and October when soil temperature is between 5-30 oC; peak egg laying occurs in March/April and September/October
• Use immediately on receipt of packs or refrigerate at 5oC (do not freeze)
• Avoid application in direct sunlight; nematodes are uv-sensitive, so apply on a dull day or in the evening
• Use within expiry date
• Use the entire pack and do not store stock solution or diluted product
• Make a stock solution as directed on the label, making a paste in the first instance and then adding remainder of the water, to avoid lumps forming; this solution should be mixed thoroughly to ensure nematodes are well dispersed and kept agitated
• Application can be made via conventional sprayer, selecting nozzles (aperture should be greater than 0.5 mm) to give a coarse spray, via Dosatron or via drip irrigation
• Remove all fine filters (50 mesh or smaller) from the application equipment
• Partially fill tank with water, add stock solution, fill with water to the required level and maintain agitation
• Do not exceed 300 psi/20 bar/2000 kPa pump pressure
• Water the treated area thoroughly after application to wash the nematodes into the soil where the slugs are located, and keep soil moist for at least two weeks after application
• Infected slugs quickly stop feeding and die below ground after 4-21 days