Nemasys® C is a biological control with packs specific to applications in Forestry (with efficacy on large pine weevil) or Horticulture (with efficacy on codling moth, oriental fruit moth, shore fly larvae and various caterpillar species).
- Effective natural control
- Eliminates the potential for chemical residues in produce
- Organic farming and IPM-compatible
- No pest resistance issues
Why Nemasys C?
|Active ingredient(s)||Steinernema carpocapsae (87%)|
|Pack size||50 million, 250 million,1.5 billion or 3 billion|
|Area treated||Forestry: 857 stumps (3 billion pack) Horticulture: 100 m2 (50 million pack); 500 m2 (250 million pack); 1 ha (1.5 billion pack); 2 ha (3 billion pack)|
|Crops||Forestry and Horticulture including top fruit|
|Pest activity||Forestry: Large pine weevil (Hylobius abietis) Horticulture: Codling moth (Cydia pomonella), oriental fruit moth (Grapholita molesta), shore fly larvae and various caterpillar species|
|Rate of application||Forestry: 3.5 million nematodes per stump Horticulture: 500,000 nematodes per m2 (shore fly and caterpillar) or 1.5 billion nematodes per hectare (codling and oriental fruit moths)|
|Frequency of application||Specific to pest – see label for Forestry or Horticulture|
|Time of application||Specific to pest – see label for Forestry or Horticulture|
|Water volume||Up to 1 litre per m2 depending on pest|
|Aquatic buffer zone||None|
Why Nemasys® C?
Nemasys® C is a biological control product containing nematodes, which effectively controls the large pine weevil (Hylobius abietis) in Forestry and the codling moth (Cydia pomonella), oriental fruit moth (Grapholita molesta), shore fly larvae and various caterpillar species in Horticulture. It eliminates the potential for chemical residues in horticultural produce and is compatible with organic and IPM (Integrated Pest Management) systems. Nemasys® C persists for approximately 4 weeks in moist soils. There is no known resistance of the target organisms to Nemasys® C.
How to get the best from Nemasys® C:
- Apply when soil temperature is between 12-30 oC (for soil drenches) or when air temperature is between 14-30 oC (for tree drenches)
- Use immediately on receipt of packs or refrigerate at 5oC (do not freeze)
- Avoid application in direct sunlight; nematodes are uv-sensitive, so apply on a dull day or in the evening
- Use within expiry date
- Use the entire pack and do not store stock solution or diluted product
- Make a stock solution as directed on the label, making a paste in the first instance and then adding remainder of the water, to avoid lumps forming; this solution should be mixed thoroughly to ensure nematodes are well dispersed and kept agitated
- Application is via lance selecting the nozzle to give a coarse spray (Forestry) or as a foliar application or soil drench (Horticulture) selecting nozzles to give a medium spray for foliar application and a coarse spray for drenching; the nozzle aperture should be greater than 0.5 mm. Dosatron units can be used
- Remove all fine filters (50 mesh or smaller) from the application equipment
- Partially fill tank with water, add stock solution, fill with water to the required level and maintain agitation
- Do not exceed 300 psi/20 bar/2000 kPa pump pressure
- For foliar and stump applications spray directly on the pest or surfaces under wet conditions and high humidity
- For drenches, water the treated area thoroughly after application to wash the nematodes into the soil and keep soil moist for at least two weeks after application
Disclaimer: photo kindly provided by Ward Stepman