Nemasys® G is a biological control which effectively targets young larval stages of the garden chafer in turf.
- Effective natural control
- Feeding damage to the turf roots is prevented
- Prevents damage to the turf from birds feeding on the chafers
- Efficacy persists for approximately 4 weeks in moist soil
- No pest resistance issues
Why Nemasys G?
|Active ingredient(s)||Heterorhabditis bacteriophora (82%)|
|Pack size||50 million or 250 million|
|Area treated||100 m2 (50 million pack) or 500 m2 (250 million pack)|
|Pest activity||Garden chafer (Phyllopertha horticola) (young larval stages)|
|Rate of application||500,000 nematodes per m2|
|Frequency of application||Two applications with a two to four-week interval|
|Time of application||When chafer grubs are feeding close to the soil surface, usually August/September|
|Water volume||0.1 litre per m2 on application. Water in with no less than 3 litres per m2 immediately after application|
|Aquatic buffer zone||None|
Why Nemasys® G?
Nemasys® G is a biological control product containing nematodes, which effectively controls young larval stages of the garden chafer beetle (Phyllopertha horticola) in turfgrass. Direct feeding damage to the turf roots is prevented and the associated damage to the turf from birds feeding on the chafers. Nemasys® G is compatible with IPM (Integrated Pest Management) systems. Nemasys® G persists for approximately 4 weeks in moist soils. There is no known resistance of the garden chafer to Nemasys® G.
How to get the best from Nemasys® G:
- Apply when soil temperature is between 12-30 oC
- Use immediately on receipt of packs or refrigerate at 5oC (do not freeze)
- Avoid application in direct sunlight; nematodes are uv-sensitive, so apply on a dull day or in the evening
- Cut the grass short before application and consider scarification in turf with excessive thatch
- Apply when the soil under the turf is moist
- Use within expiry date
- Use the entire pack and do not store stock solution or diluted product
- Make a stock solution as directed on the label, making a paste in the first instance and then adding remainder of the water, to avoid lumps forming; this solution should be mixed thoroughly to ensure nematodes are well dispersed and kept agitated
- Application is as a soil drench via boom sprayer, knapsack, lance or sprinklers, selecting the nozzle to give a coarse spray; the nozzle aperture should be greater than 0.5 mm
- Remove all fine filters (50 mesh or smaller) from the application equipment
- Partially fill tank with water, add stock solution, fill with water to the required level and maintain agitation
- Do not exceed 300 psi/20 bar/2000 kPa pump pressure
- Irrigate the turf thoroughly after application to wash the nematodes into the soil and keep the soil moist for at least two weeks after application
Disclaimer: photo kindly provided by Ward Stepman