At T2 in 2021, Revystar® XE is the proven solution
4 May 2021
At the time of T2 application, you are often asking fungicides to cure existing disease prior to symptoms showing, as well as protect leaves from further infection.
- 2020 highlighted that product longevity is vital, even with seemingly little visual (or latent) disease at the time of T2 application
- It is only now that any effect of missed / reduced T0s and T1s will become apparent, as Septoria moves out of the latent phase even on stronger varieties
- Rainsplash and direct leaf to leaf contact remain the key inoculum transfer mechanisms, as pycnidia begin to develop
The Curative vs longevity trade-off
At the time of T2 application you are often asking fungicides to cure existing disease prior to symptoms showing, as well as protect leaves from further infection. There is often a trade-off between curativity and longevity, as the quickest acting (most curative) active ingredients often lack persistence (longevity). Revystar® XE has:
- Proven Septoria activity – protectant and curative, including outstanding performance on shifted strains of Septoria
- Long lasting performance in the field – reassurance on all varieties, regardless of pressure at time of application
- Strong performance on brown rust – activity from both Xemium® and Revysol®, alone and within a program
Lessons learned in 2020, for 2021
In 2020 nationally there was very little Septoria present (visible and latent) when T2 fungicide decisions and applications were made. In independent ADAS work, untreated infection was only 6% across the top 2 leaves 5 weeks after T2 application. However intense rainfall during the following 2 weeks gave rapid Septoria progression – common across 2020 crops.
Read more about the trial here.
- Fungicides are applied to target both current infection, and for future protection.
- Product selection and dose at T2 should not solely be based on disease at the time of application.
- Protection against variable weather for 6-8 weeks after application is required to maximise crop potential.
- Alongside outstanding curativity, the combined long-term activity from Revysol® and Xemium® within Revystar® XE provides a new benchmark for longevity of protection.
Outstanding timing flexibility
- If the strength of T1 application was reduced due to a lower perceived Septoria threat, either through product selection or decreased dose, this has implications for T2 requirements particularly if an unavoidable delay in application occurs.
- GS39 remains the strongest timing for T2 applications, but Revystar® XE continues to provide the strongest level of curative flexibility (and yield) if required.
Disclaimer: Revystar® XE contains mefentrifluconazole (Revysol®) and fluxapyroxad (Xemium®). Ascra® XPro contains bixafen, fluopyram and prothioconazole. ElatusTM Era contains benzovindiflupyr and prothioconazole. Arizona® contains folpet. UnivoqTM contains fenpicoxamid (Inatreq™) and prothioconazole. Revystar®, Revysol®, Xemium® and AgCelence® are registered Trademarks of BASF. All other brand names used on this site are Trademarks of other manufacturers in which proprietary rights may exist. Use plant protection products safely. Always read the label and product information before use. For further product information including warning phrases and symbols refer to www.agricentre.basf.co.uk . © BASF 2021. All rights reserved.