Katamaran® Turbo is a residual herbicide that can be used on all varieties of winter oilseed rape for the control of a range of broad‑leaved and grass weeds.
- Protects yield by early removal of weed competition
- A low resistance risk herbicide that provides a key start to the black-grass programme
- Provides excellent residual control of key broad-leaved weeds
- The three active ingredients are taken up at multiple points by the weed, providing more consistent control in dry conditions
- Quinmerac adds post-emergence and persistent activity to cleavers control
Why Katamaran Turbo?
Katamaran® Turbo is an oilseed rape herbicide with excellent residual activity on a wide range of weeds. Katamaran® Turbo can be applied pre or post-emergence of the crop. For optimum activity, apply pre-emergence or early post-emergence of the weeds.
The combination of three active ingredients in Katamaran® Turbo, dimethenamid-p, metazachlor and quinmerac, means that weed control is more consistently achieved, since uptake happens at three points: the root, the shoot and the leaf. Optimum results are obtained from applications made to fine, firm and moist seedbeds.
In terms of application, on light soils, a split dose of product is recommended: 1.5l/ha pre-emergence of crop followed by 1.0l/ha post-emergence of the crop. A split dose will give more prolonged poppy control than full dose pre-emergence.